3D Artist (Profit Share) vacancy at Dyscordion Entertainment
General overview of the role
Dyscordion Entertainment is looking for a 3D Artist to join our small team of developers working on Second Star. This is a profit-share position and a great opportunity for a 3D artist/generalist who would like to gain experience on a large video game with a worldwide release.
What Kind of Game You'll Be Working On:
Second Star is a first person adventure role playing game set in a sci-fi universe 200 years in the future. Our audience are players who enjoy sci-fi games with a focus on narrative and character dynamics but prefer a more exploratory, “adventure-game” approach over combat.
Second Star also features a cast of fully voiced, diverse characters the player can pursue deep relationships with, and a unique, futuristic aesthetic both in visuals and audio.
We plan to release Second Star on PC on most major digital stores, with consoles to follow.
- Entire pipeline skills including game topology and high-poly sculpts, rigging and skinning, animation, particle/FX, lighting, UV mapping and textures (PBR)
- Proficiency in Blender and Photoshop
- Able to implement assets into Unity engine
- Ability to keep files highly organized
- Work well in a positive, fast-paced team environment with other artists and designers
- Be able to attend weekly team meetings
- 3D work showing experience with both hard surface and organic models (especially plants and sci-fi themed objects)
- Focused on realistic environments and props (no characters)
- Available online or attached to email
Skills considered as a good plus
- Experience shipping a game (any platform)
- Expertise in Unity and Unity level design
- Experience with optimization and creating LOD states
- 2D concepting skills
Perks & Benefits
- Female-led, diverse, and inclusive team (the majority of us identify as LGBTQ+) working remotely all around the world across several time zones
- We maintain a healthy, fun, and laid back atmosphere (we use Discord to collaborate)
- Exciting (but sometimes difficult!) challenges
- Opportunity to contribute to a large production with multiple platform releases planned
How we operate
Dyscordion is a 100% independent studio and operates on a profit-share business model. Future funding is a potential possibility through an upcoming Kickstarter campaign.
We ask all team members for a 2 days or nights per week commitment. All profits from Second Star will be split evenly amongst the team.