Agile Coach (REMOTE) vacancy at The Hartford
Yes, we’re an insurance company – but we’re also human beings. And we believe that people are capable of achieving amazing things with the right encouragement and support. We put this belief into action by not only ensuring individuals and businesses are well protected, but by making an impact in ways that go beyond an insurance policy.
General overview of the role
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
The Hartford is seeking an Agile Coach with a passion for servant leadership with the ability to guide others on their Agile learning journey. This position will report to the Director of Agile Practices of the Agile Center of Enablement within the Chief Technology Office.
The Agile Center of Enablement is accountable for leading the Agile transformation across the enterprise through sustained coaching models and various learning approaches. The ideal candidate would have hands-on coaching experience in Agile frameworks, specifically Scrum, Kanban and SAFe. This person should have practical experience in an Agile role at either the program or team levels with demonstrated ability to adopt Agile principles, mindset, practices and methodologies.
· Launch new and guide existing Agile teams on their Agile transformation journey
· Launch Agile Release Trains: facilitate program level events, such as Program Increment planning, feature writing workshops, backlog refinement, scrum of scrums, retrospectives, etc.
· Coach and partner with various stakeholders such as Product Managers, Product Owners, Business Owners, and IT leads to help ensure strategy and execution alignment
· Cultivate a continuous learning environment delivering education and training for the enablement of effective Scrum Masters, product ownership, and Agile delivery teams with the ability to scale
· Influence IT and business leadership and management teams on Agile principles, practices and tools
· Provide thought leadership by participating in Communities of Practice, Lunch & Lunch forums, Agile Day activities, and other workshops as needed
· Escalate and track (progress on removing?) impediments to Agile adoption
· Facilitate quarterly assessments of teams to document maturity progress and drive continued Agile maturity & improvements
· Stay abreast of new Agile best practices, tools and techniques, methods, strategies
· Exceptional communication, influencing, leadership and problem-solving skills
· Strong coaching, facilitating, mentoring and teaching skills
· Solid understanding of organizational change management.
· 3- + years of agile team & program level experience
· Agile or SAFe Practitioner certification
· Rally or any other Agile management tool experience
· Experience with ADKAR or other formal change management methodology is a plus
· Knowledge of Agile Engineering practices including Enterprise Architecture, DevOps (CI-CD, Test Driven Development, BDD, etc.) is a plus
Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age