Audio/Video Software Engineer vacancy at Biteable
Biteable puts the power of video in your hands. Regardless of budget and skills, it helps you create professional videos in minutes. Videos so stunning they’ll make your message irresistible.
Create a video from scratch using our broad library of animations and footage. Or pick a professionally crafted template for instant results. Simply drop in text, photos or video and – shazam – you’re done.
Use Biteable to make ads, explainers, and social media videos that turn heads, consistently. With Biteable on your side, engaging your audience is as simple as making a video.
General overview of the role
At Biteable, the Audio/Video Software Engineer is that magical creature who lives at the core of our product. Able to think in large systems, as well as at the pixel level, Audio/Video Engineers spend their time all along the video lifecycle.
In this role, you will collaborate with various product squads to optimize the rendering and delivery of audio and video in the Biteable products. This will entail deep work with FFMPEG, as well as web technologies like Web Audio and Canvas. You will also serve as a subject-matter expert as we scale out our storage and delivery infrastructure.
• Help our team make our video editing and rendering pipeline truly world class
• Collaboratively design and implement improvements to both front-end and back-end pieces of our pipeline
• Embed in a squad and be accountable to squadmates for delivery of features
• Experiment with new audio and video technologies
• Provide and receive feedback on technical and product designs
• Identify and promote technologies and practices that will make our team better
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a fully distributed team
• Ability to work on the Java client as well as on the backend of our system
• Experience running FFMPEG at scale
• Experience with one or more cloud transcoding solutions
• A passion for building tools that generate video of the highest quality
• Experience with AV web technologies like HTML Canvas, WebGL, and the Web Audio API, or their native equivalents on a major platform
• 5+ years of professional experience writing software for manipulating audio and/or video
• Experience building graphic-intensive games is a plus
• Degree in computer science or equivalent, or comparable industry experience
• Bonus points for contributors to FFMPEG or other open-source audio/video tools