Backend Developer vacancy at Set
Grown our assets tracked to $500MM+ from over 40,000 early web3 adopters
Launched Index Coop, the leading decentralized provider of structured products powering products such as DeFi Pulse Index, Bankless BED Index, and the Metaverse Index
Raised a $14MM Series A, led by top-tier crypto funds including 1kx and Hashed
Set Labs created and contributes to the Set Protocol network of open source infrastructure for managing tokenized assets built on Ethereum. The network leverages the composability of public blockchains to unlock capabilities with other DeFi protocols (Uniswap, Aave, Compound) across multiple chains (Polygon, Optimism, Arbitrum) such as lending, yield farming, and more. We also build TokenSets, a gateway to access and utilize products created using Set Protocol.
We’re a remote-first company with core contributors in five countries embracing the challenges with the future of work. We collaborate through modern tooling such as Figma, Github, Google Meet, Slack, Airtable and stay aligned through weekly sprints, standups, and all hands.
We aim to empower every individual on the team with full transparency, ownership, autonomy, and clear objectives.
Description of the job
As our new Backend Developer you will join a highly technical team of 20 that puts the needs of our users first. Through your work, you will significantly influence the next wave of web3, decentralized applications to come.
- Create and improve developer tools that enable the entire Set ecosystem to interact with the protocol
- Design scalable systems to support millions of users
- Own and deliver top level product features from specification to shipping
- Improve our technical architecture, infrastructure, code quality, and engineering culture to continually step up the quality and speed of our delivery
- Keep abreast of the nascent and rapidly evolving blockchain space, and introduce innovative tools and products
- Collaborate empathetically with other teams, including engineering (internal and external), product management, leadership, and recruiting
- 4+ years of professional experience
- Proven ability to write high-quality, well-tested code
- Highly autonomous, strong communication and collaboration within team
- Works effectively in a remote setting and is within 3 hours of Pacific Time (PT)
Our Tech Stack
- Backend: Rails, Go, Typescript, GraphQL, Postgres, Redis
- Web3: Solidity
- Infrastructure: Heroku, AWS
We believe people do their best work when they are healthy and happy. At Set, we offer:
- Competitive compensation: salaries and equity
- Flexible vacation time: take time when you need it
- Comprehensive benefits: medical/dental/vision insurance
- Remote-friendly: a flexible work environment
- Work from home equipment: laptop, headphones, hardware, etc.
- Continuous learning: courses or anything else you need to level up