Data Analyst vacancy at Tucows
We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
Today, close to a thousand people work in over 16 countries to help us make the Internet better. If this sounds exciting to you, join the herd!
Description of the job
Tucows is looking to add a Data Analyst to our Analytics, Insights and Reporting team, reporting to the Head of Analytics & Insights. Together, we’re responsible for all of the reporting, analytics, data flows, visualization, and related business intelligence operations within our quickly growing company. We’ve got a lot of data, and we’re looking for someone to help us get the most out of it.
You will work with business, product, and engineering stakeholders to understand their needs and priorities, as well as to collaborate and ensure that their reporting requirements are captured in the development process. You’ll then work with Data Engineers to build data pipelines, acquiring data from source systems and moving it through our data hierarchy, from messy and raw to clean and aggregated. Lastly, you’ll explore the data with visualization tools and statistical techniques to help make our products better and to improve the experience of our customers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Deliver reporting and analytics solutions to the business, mainly in Looker
- Understand business needs and technical requirements to meet those needs
- Troubleshoot variances in reports, and strive to eliminate them at the source
- Help the business make data-driven decisions
Key Skills and Experience:
- Top-notch communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- 3+ years experience handling, manipulating and analyzing data and creating analytical reports
- Strong expertise with an SQL language, database structures and data lake architectures
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Looker
- Experience with Snowflake
- Post-secondary education in a technical field, or B.S./M.S.
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.