40 day(s) ago
Data Engineer vacancy at ready
Remote worker location: Worldwide
English: Advanced, Upper Intermediate, Native Speaker
Experience: 3+ years
Ready believes local ISPs hold the keys to solving America’s digital divide. Our mission is simple: help you grow your business, so that you can connect more people to better internet-based services.
Description of the job
A bit about you 🥇
You’re an experienced engineer skilled in working with large, disparate data sets. You’ve automated ETL before, and thrive in environments of high complexity.
- Desire to constantly learn and try new things
- Comfortable working remotely
- Humble but ambitious, knowledgeable but curious
- 3+ years experience building data systems
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or equivalent field
- Geospatial experience very helpful but not required
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced environment and a desire to wear many hats
- Strong English communication skills – verbal and written
- Analytical thinker, detail oriented
- Creative at problem solving
About your role at Ready ⚡️
- Design, develop, and implement ETL automation for customer data ingestion, pipeline, and data integrations with our core application.
- Work with our backend team to ensure scalable performance of data-intensive features as we grow.
- Make it possible to leverage data in the context of our product’s geospatial features.
- Surface business intelligence insights for our company, and our customers (product will include features that help our customers understand their business).
- You’ll have a major impact on your team and company here at Ready.
- You’ll collaborate with customers and team members to solve real problems, but you’ll also own key parts of the system.
- This role could become a leadership position within Ready as we continue growing together.
About what you get…
- Competitive salary plus meaningful equity upside
- Opportunities to learn and grow: not just coding – all things startups
- Work from anywhere you want, as long as you can get great internet (and your work here at Ready helps make this true in more places)
- We get together 2x / year for optional retreats
- We’re actively shaping our benefits program: have a say in which benefits matter to you
- The chance to hone your skills on a cutting edge stack alongside bright ambitious team members