DevOps Engineer/ FinOps vacancy at UKG
Description of the job
We are seeking a FinOps Engineer to expand our program for cloud cost management.
• Works cross-functionally and advises on areas for optimization and cost saving opportunities related to google cloud usage
• Participates in architecture design reviews to evaluate and forecast costs related to product changes
• Collaborates with finance and engineering leaders on budget forecasting
• Evaluates and audits Google usage across groups on a regular basis
• Collaborates with Google support and third party billing vendor to ensure accuracy of invoices as well as on strategies for cost-reduction and optimization
• Reviews and processes budget increase request from engineering groups by providing accurate estimates for cost from technical specifications taking into account UKG specific discounting programs
• Implements improvements around current and future automated cost reporting tools and methods utilizing tagging frameworks to create transparent dashboards for engineering
• Develops scripts in java, python, and bigQuery for cost analysis and reporting
• Review access requests for GCP and determine proper roles for engineering taking into account risk and business needs
We are seeking a FinOps Engineer to expand our program for cloud cost management. This position requires collaboration with engineering leaders and product architects to enable you to develop and implement cost-reducing solutions. This role will have responsibility for all aspects of cloud spending, both tooling and management of the budget across teams.
This is a hands-on role that will include driving enhancements to exist as well as the implementation of new cost tracking and reporting tools for clear visibility of our cloud usage. The ideal candidate will have experience in cloud resource management in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) with a full understanding of billing processes.