Engineering Manager vacancy at ZALORA
We work on complex and large systems where you can reach millions of users while at the same time work with a high level of influence, autonomy and flexibility in terms of the working environment.
We are looking for either first-time/early experienced engineering managers, or senior engineering managers.
Description of the job
- Lead a team of 4-8 cross-functional engineers
- Make your team happy and successful
- Practice and implement modern software development methodologies such as continuous delivery and Scrum
- Improve processes to make your team more effective
- Set the technical standard for the team
- Foster technical decision-making in the team, and make final decisions when necessary
- Plan and estimate work to meet delivery commitments
- Conduct code reviews and make technical contributions to product architecture
- Collaborate with squad product owner to build out a great team
- Collaborate with the team to create a scalable and high performance backend system and multi channel, extendable front end applications that support multiple projects
- Foster "You build it, you run it" culture of service ownership
- Collaborate effectively with others
- Ability to achieve consensus among stakeholders
- Five or more years of experience
- Two or more years of experience in a leadership role with your current technical expertise
- Proficiency in distributed system design and architecture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to structure, coach, mentor a team of cross-functional engineers (i.e. backend, Android, iOS)
- Good product mindset, and understanding of balance between product features and engineering quality
- Experience working in a microservices ecosystem is optional, but highly valued
The ZALORA Story
ZALORA is Asia’s leading online fashion, beauty and lifestyle destination, part of Global Fashion Group. As one of the region’s pioneer large-scale ecommerce platforms, ZALORA has established a strong presence throughout the region, particularly in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei, the Philippines, Hong Kong, and in Taiwan, enjoying over 50 million visits per month.
ZALORA is not obligated to accept resumes from any third parties on behalf of potential candidates for any position (advertised or otherwise) by any means, unless ZALORA has executed a written agreement with such third party and has expressly requested such third party for candidate referrals. Third parties who provide unsolicited resumes of candidate(s) shall waive and forfeit all rights to claim for any placement fees or referral fees in the event that such candidate is eventually engaged or employed by ZALORA or Global Fashion Group.