Experienced Full Stack vacancy at Theorem, LLC
Unsure if your skills meet all of our requirements?
Apply anyway! We would love to meet you and find out more about how your skills could add value. At Theorem, we value open communication and feedback. We believe that diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger; we would love to hear your perspective too!
Theorem records interviews so that we can focus on delivering a great interview experience. If you are uncomfortable with being recorded, please let our recruiters know when they reach out to you.
Founded in 2007, Theorem LLC is a remote-first technology consulting company, globally distributed by design. We are privately-owned and committed to building a sustainable organization. Our services range from:
-New product development
-Pure R & D
If it’s cool and engaging in technology, we are likely working on it.
Customers come to us because they need to change to succeed and are looking for a solution that isn't just about technology — but also people, process, and leadership. We consult, form a diverse team of experts, and deliver strategy and execution under one roof.
Consultants come to us for the autonomy, depth of project, and challenge of working with a wide range of clients across multiple platforms and industries.
Our contributors are master puzzle solvers in a vast range of technologies.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
TEAM RETREAT - Once a year the entire Theorem team gets together at an inspiring location to meet, work and play.
HEALTHY BODY, HEALTHY MIND - HAPPY TEAM - We offer paid vacation and support healthy lifestyles through our physical fitness benefits program.
HEALTHCARE & FINANCE - For US & UK based full time employees; we have comprehensive benefits.
Theorem expects all team members to be honest, trustworthy, and operate with integrity. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities, and all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, employee development decisions such as training, and all other terms and conditions of employment, are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, genetics, nationality, national origin, citizenship status, employment status, ethnicity, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, belief, age, family or parental status, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, sex or gender assigned at birth, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, lifestyle, social class, military status, disability, hairstyle, physical features, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination. Theorem encourages applicants of all ages. Theorem is an equal opportunity employer. No statements by Theorem are intended to create an offer of employment unless made in writing, signed by an officer of the company and no offer shall become effective unless countersigned by the prospective employee.
Description of the job
Theorem is looking for a motivated craftsperson to join our global team of 200+ professionals to support our growing distributed services business.
- 5+ years of professional engineering experience
- Strong server-side development experience using NodeJS
- Strong frontend development experience using modern technologies (TypeScript, React, etc.)
- Strong understanding of what it takes to effectively connect backend and frontend technology
- Good knowledge of design and architectural patterns and development best practices
- Previous experience building scalable services
- Strong RDBMS experience (schema design, best practices, tuning and debugging)
- Previous remote work experience
- Previous experience collaborating on highly distributed teams
- Strong ability to communicate, collaborate, and empathize with others
- Consulting experience
- Recent experience in a high-performing agile and/or lean environment, eg. Scrum, XP, Kanban, others.
- Possess a strong and reliable internet connection.
Bonus Points (But Not Required)
- Experience with modern Microsoft technologies (C#, .NET, Azure)
- Experience with containerization and orchestration tools (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Experience with deploying into and managing cloud providers (Azure, AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Proficiency using 2 or more other programming languages such as Python, Ruby, Go, Rust, or other
Theorem is looking for a motivated craftsperson to join our global team of 200+ professionals to support our growing distributed services business. We are on a mission to dismantle the traditional consulting ecosystem and replace it with an effective framework for innovation that transforms the way businesses think about and solve problems from the inside out.
WHAT YOU’LL DO As Experienced Polyglot Engineer you will build greenfield, scalable web platforms. In addition to providing input on app architecture, you will create and review pull requests daily and engage with internal teams and directly with clients with an agile environment. You will work in small teams with a product manager, designers and other engineers to scope design and implement features. WHO YOU ARE You are a passionate technical full stack engineer with the discipline to create and finish projects. You do not shy away from exploring new languages and technical tools, acquiring the skills you need, to get a job done. You have opinions about your favorite open source projects, or perhaps you have contributed to some or started one of your own. You are a communicator. Whether you are raising the flag within an implementation or sharing your favorite playlist in Slack, you will not shy away from letting your voice be heard. Your Responsibilities As Experienced Polyglot Engineer at Theorem
- Design and build scalable web services and applications using modern technologies
- Design and build highly-usable web applications and experiences using modern technologies
- Engage daily with your distributed, remote engineering team working on different layers of the applications and infrastructure
- Collaborate with product designers and clients to clarify requirements, prototype functionality and build products
- Plan, estimate and prioritize work in a remote, distributed team environment
- Guide our clients in best practices in order to achieve great project success
You Will Be Successful When
- You are able to hit the ground running within your area of expertise and are not afraid of challenges outside of it
- You thrive on collaborating with other team members and across disciplines
- You are happy to receive feedback and see it as an opportunity for reflection and improvement
- You are always learning - Whether you are learning to help your team and customer work through new concepts and technology You are astute, you know when to push an issue and when to let things lie
- You are friendly - you reach out to your teammates even if they aren’t on your project team
- You can work through ambiguity - you aren’t shy about asking questions to gain clarity
- You are entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial - always on the lookout for new opportunities to improve the company externally and internally