Front End Developer vacancy at Space Squirrel
50,000 - 90,000 $ per Year
Description of the job
This is a full time job for a smart and responsible individual who enjoys the freedom of remote work and flexible hours.
An ideal candidate will be self-motivated, able to take initiative in solving problems, and work without needing to be micromanaged. Being self-guided in daily work is crucial as the rest of the company may be in different time zones.
Working as part of a remote team has many great advantages, however you will be expected to be able to communicate clearly with the team over a variety of different mediums, take a task through to completion, while being comfortable in raising issues or questions along the way. As a remote team across two opposite time zones, we have a flexible approach to work schedule, however we would usually expect you to cross at least 4 hours a day during standard working hours Monday to Friday UK time during your first year of working with us.
What you will do
As a Frontend Developer, you will collaborate closely with our technical founder, and a designer. To give you a sense of what you’ll be doing day-to-day, here are some things you’ll be working on:
- Converting designs into WebComponents using StencilJS
- Writing tests using Jest & Puppeteer
- Consistently ship small features and improvements
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automation
- Writing and updating technical documentation
- Improve, extend and refactor existing components in line with the best practices
- Code Reviews
Your first month
- Gain in-depth knowledge of our product and understand our development cycle by:
- Reviewing our existing codebase and refactoring sub-standard code
- Investigating and fixing bugs
- Offer your suggestions on how we can improve the development process, product and codebase
- Build and deploy at least one new feature
Compensation and Perks:
- You can work from anywhere and tailor your own work hours
- Salary range (depending on skills): $50.000 USD - $90.000 USD
- Coworking allowance
- Attending company retreats (when it’s safe to travel again)
- Three weeks paid vacation + all local statutory holidays (paid)
- Joining the team at industry events and design conferences
Remote-first: We are a remote-first company without an in person office. We trust our employees to work flexibility and autonomously to efficiently meet business goals.
Flexible working hours: Aside from regular team meetings and availability during core hours, we are happy for you to complete your work whenever you’re most productive.
Close team: Although we work remotely, our team is close knit and colleagues are always there to help one another.
Customer feedback: Our customers are small business owners and we are privileged to work closely with them to continue to improve our product.
Bootstrapped: We have never raised external capital. We have no distractions from past or future investors. We're entirely focused helping our customers and we're taking our time to grow sustainably.
We’re a small team and we’re passionate about being a great company to work with and work for.
Be sure to mention the word SUBSIDIZE when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
Salary and compensation
$50,000 — $90,000/year