Front End Developer vacancy at Tech City Labs
Tech City Labs
Description of the job
TLDR: We're looking for an amazing mid-level front-end developer, who's keen to become a Lead and learn some Python along the way
Looking to join a friendly, developer-led company? We're Tech City Labs, a growing data engineering and consulting company.
We're looking for a talented front-end developer to join our brilliant team of engaging, experienced developers. You'll be working on client engagements and our own startup-style internal projects, so expect variety and the chance to work on a range of data-heavy projects.
This is our first in-house front-end position: if you're interested in going full-stack, we are hugely experienced Python back-end data engineers and we can help you develop your skills.
Who Should Apply?
- You'll have experience delivering SPA projects to real, live clients. You may have experience as a Lead already, or be looking to take that next step
- Communication skills are vital: you'll need to be comfortable - and enjoy - working with clients and understanding complex requirements
- As a remote-first business, excellent writing skills are essential: we're in Slack all day
- As our first full-time front-end specialist, you will need to be comfortable taking ownership of a project from start to finish
- We're strong believers in TDD, and you should be too
- You'll need 4+ years' experience working with Typescript, React and associated technologies
- Experience with VueJS, or willingness to learn it is a plus
- You'll enjoy working independently but can contribute to the small, agile teams in which we operate as needed
- You'll be fluent in English, and preferably based in the UK or have experience working in the UK
- Full stack experience using Python is an advantage; if you don't have this but would like to add it to your skillset, this is a chance to learn from the best.
What will your day-to-day look like?
If you're working on a client project, you'll be part of a small team, responding to client requests and implementing them.
If you're running a new project for our data business, you'll be building data systems from scratch, working closely with our Founder and assisting with API and data pipeline development where required.
Who are Tech City Labs?
- We're a developer-led, data engineering and consulting company
- We're a friendly, collaborative and supportive team with a culture of development excellence
- We value the differences our people bring
- We are committed to remote working - we do get together at least quarterly so you should be prepared to travel occasionally to Reading or other exotic destinations (all expenses covered)
- We're flexible, but you must be able to (mostly) keep UK working hours and attend morning standups
- We practice and preach sound development practices. We hope you'll learn and grow as a developer working with us (and we'll learn from you, too)
- We have a no-drama office policy. We value and cultivate enjoyable working relationships among team members. No arseholes here!
- If you apply, we guarantee that we will give you a response, yes or no; absolutely no ghosting, Halloween is over.
What We Offer:
- Flexible benefits - one size does not fit all. Prefer a beer membership to a gym card? That's fine with us
- Need somewhere to work that gets you out of your house? We'll cover a co-working membership at a space convenient for you
- Our quarterly meetups are all-expenses paid and are enjoyable - really
- Salary accordingly to experience, plus an annual bonus
- 25 days holiday
- A no-bullshit environment: we appreciate our team and do our best to show it.
1. We carefully review every CV we receive
2. For those that we shortlist, we'll ask you to do a short (less than five minutes) VideoAsk interview that is about personality and what makes you tick, not what's on your CV
3. If we think your style will work with our team, and you could be happy with us, we'll then have a 30min 'get to know each other' chat
4. The final step is a short coding test (1-2hr) in your own time, followed by an in-depth technical interview (45min) to discuss the way you approached the coding task, your experience and your hard skills
5. If everyone is happy, we'll discuss package details and getting you onboard. If not, we'll be honest about why we didn't proceed to hire.
We respond to every application.