Frontend Engineer vacancy at Nomad Health
145,000 - 165,000 $ per Year
The U.S. healthcare system is experiencing a staffing crisis. Employers spend $20 billion per year recruiting clinicians to care for the rapidly aging U.S. population. Nomad replaces antiquated staffing agencies with modern technology to efficiently source, qualify, and hire medical talent on demand. Clinicians find better jobs with higher pay. Employers fill roles faster with higher quality care.
Nomad is a fast growing team of technologists, creators, and industry experts passionate about modernizing healthcare staffing so doctors and nurses can get back to the work they do best: caring for others.
As a key early member of the team, you will influence the long-term evolution of web technology for the country’s first tech-driven healthcare staffing platform! Responsibilities include:
● Work closely with a small, dynamic team to build product and platform features that will improve the performance and experience of Nomad
● Define and implement best practices for clean, extensible code
● Own the architecture, frameworks, and toolkits used to build and maintain the product
● Provide mentorship to fellow frontend engineers
● Lead discussions and contribute to technical architecture decisions
● Strong understanding of Java
● Experience building reliable, high-performance web applications in React
● Deep understanding of application state management
● Strong understanding of REST principles and experience consuming REST APIs
● Strong drive to bring new products and ideas to market quickly, a willingness to experiment and take risks, and a desire to work in a tight-knit, dynamic, collaborative environment
Skills considered as a good plus
● Experience building native mobile apps or using libraries like React Native
Nomad offers a fast-paced, supportive, diverse culture. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, free snacks and drinks, generous parental leave, gym discounts, regular team outings, and a whole lot more.
Exciting challenges lie ahead. Join us! Let's get to work.