103 day(s) ago
Frontend Engineer (React, GraphQL) vacancy at Waldo Photos
Remote worker location: Worldwide
English: Advanced, Upper Intermediate, Native Speaker
Experience: 3+ years
Waldo is a photo-finding phenom. Waldo empowers consumers to toss their selfie sticks, put their phones back in their pockets and “Live the Moment”. Combining AI with real-time mobile delivery, Waldo is changing the way photos are discovered, delivered and purchased. Waldo removes all of the friction in getting photos of you taken by others and helps camps, schools, youth sports leagues, resorts, event promoters and photographers to get more value out of their photography.
Description of the job
Waldo is in rapid growth mode--adding users, increasing revenue, expanding within existing markets, and entering new ones! To meet that growth we are growing our development team and looking for new teammates who want to be empowered to take ownership of the technology and features that drive Waldo and see the impact of their work.
We're looking for an independent problem-solver who values learning, keeps current on technology trends, and enjoys the ownership and accountability that is expected from early-stage team members. The ideal candidate:
- will enjoy coding at all layers in a web application stack
- will be fluent in modern web application frameworks and design
- will understand how great UX contributes to customer acquisition and retention
- will learn whatever is necessary to get the job done
- will write clean, elegant, simple, testable code
- will be comfortable with git, pull requests, and code reviews
- will take pride in their work
- will want to work with others who do the same
We are based in the US but we are a fully remote team that spans the globe. This is a full-time contract role.
- At least 3 years experience deploying high quality, modern web applications.
- At least 1 application in production with the ability to talk in depth about your contributions.
- Experience using React.js, Redux, or other modern state patterns (built and shipped) and in-depth understanding of React’s paradigms and ecosystem - React Apollo / Relay and GraphQL experience will be considered a plus.
- Very strong markup and styling skills (HTML5 / CSS3 / CSS preprocessors) with a keen eye on design, attention to detail, and proven experience of delivering pixel perfect implementations of static mockups.
- Experience working in a fast paced startup environment.
- Active Github profile with code samples of React / GraphQL projects and/or contributions to relevant projects.
- Experience designing, building, and reading GraphQL APIs (we're using GraphQL extensively).
- Experience with GraphQL and related libraries like Relay and Apollo.
- Contributor (pull requests) to libraries in the React ecosystem (React.js, react-router, redux), or other major JS libraries.
- Active blog or personal website with writings or projects demonstrating continued learning, curiosity, and interest in the latest and greatest front-end techniques and tools.
- Remote / Work from home
- Flexible vacation
- Unlimited high fives
- Early-stage start-up equity grant