Frontend Engineer vacancy at UMA
Description of the job
Where do you fit in?
We are looking for an experienced frontend engineer to join our team. You will have the opportunity to lead the effort on turning design into reality across a variety of projects. This role requires the dynamism to work on quick proof-of-concept projects or within a methodical product development cycle depending on the objective.
As the first frontend engineer at UMA, you will guide and shape the user experience across all UMA products. This will require sharp time management skills and the ability to scope and triage your own work with incomplete information.
- Work closely with designers, other engineers, and product owners to scope and build fresh, delightful dApps that allow users to interact with smart contracts.
- Expand on the work of other developers by diving into existing codebases to add features or fix bugs.
- Write code in a highly collaborative open source ecosystem. In depth reviews of others’ contributions is expected with a focus on helping others grow their technical expertise.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years full-time experience with frontend development in React.
- Strong understanding of React or alternative frontend framework.
- Passion for blockchain technology, cryptoeconomic protocol design, game theory, or decentralized finance.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tech and write secure and high quality code.
- Preferred to have experience with the following technologies (in order of importance): React, Ethers.js, Typescript, NextJS and Vercel, Ethereum and Smart Contracts
- Competitive market research driven salary and token option agreements
- Take vacation when you need it (and we really mean it)
- 100% Remote- which means we encourage you to create the work environment that you thrive in
- Training and development policy to allow for diverse growth opportunities
- Meaningful parental leave
- Take your salary in fiat or USDC
- We value each individual’s right to economic freedom
- We value openness, honesty, and directness.
- We value integrity.
- We value iterative learning.
- We value taking smart risks.
- We value creating an environment where everyone “does their best work”.
Risk Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.