Frontend Software Engineer / React.js vacancy at 7pace
How else would we have over 90% 5-star reviews from software developers--on a time-tracking app?
7pace offers the best integrated, most automated, and least-annoying timekeeping solution (sic!) for enterprise software teams.
We believe that tracking time shouldn’t be a distraction, an annoyance, or a second job.
7pace runs 7pace Timetracker, a SaaS solution specifically and exclusively for professional software developers in enterprises. It’s tightly integrated into knowledge worker platforms like GitHub and Azure DevOps. 7pace Timetracker is a leading extension in the Microsoft Visual Studio Marketplace for Azure DevOps. Our goal is to be the most painless solution in the software engineering space, by making time tracking automatic and turning time data into insights that engineers can use to level up their skills and their careers.
We serve 2,500 global customers from over 100 countries, including freelancers, SMBs, government agencies, and international corporations such as Microsoft, Hewlett Packard, Orange, Xerox, Caterpillar, Siemens, Accenture, and Deloitte.
Our team of 35 is globally distributed and remote-first.
We’re a fast-growing, bootstrapped startup; profitable since 2018 without venture capital.
Independence: As a fully remote company you decide on where you want to work. You will also plan your own work hours, set standards for yourself, and your scope of tasks and responsibilities.
Entrepreneurship wanted: We are looking for teammates who want to push our company forward as well as share their opinions and knowledge.
Culture: One of the main pillars we lean on here at 7pace is trust first. Working with a fully remote team we need to trust each other to be excellent communicators. Even if we don't see each other every day, we’re building relationships and connecting all the time.
So far Continuous product development: We believe in fantastic software and constantly strive for perfection. The product can always be better.
Continuous team development: We believe in partnership and constantly strive to develop every team mate. A mate stumbles? Success is to be at their side and catch them from falling.
No bullshit: We’re a company of doers. Creative minds working together to build the next big thing. Autonomy is written with a capital A.
No shortcuts: Top-level cloud infrastructure combined with the best tools available - tools are here to make us stronger
Contribute to the unexpected: Building a product that is far more complex than one would expect, in a way very different than anyone would expect, and create an experience no one would expect to be possible.
Description of the job
Our passion here at 7pace is to create clean, simple, and fully integrated productivity software that promotes a more fulfilling way to work and live. We want you to be a part of that!
What to expect: Join one of our development teams and together with your teammates create new features for our main products - time tracking tools for software engineers - and all 7pace Apps.
How your day-to-day work will look like:
- Starting your day with a daily standup via zoom
- Prioritize and evaluate your tasks together with your team for the upcoming day
- Work on your tasks together with your remote working teammates
- Interact with Product Owners, QA Engineers and Designers to ensure a good workflow
- Participating in biweekly team-meetings to present team-output and plan the upcoming period (remote, via zoom)
- Support teammates and do code review
- Participating in our regular "tech bazar" for knowledge transfer
Our tech stack:
- C# / ASP.NET Core
- React.js / Redux
- MSSQL / Azure
- Azure DevOps / GitHub / Docker / Kubernetes
- Experience in commercial development using one of frontend frameworks (React.js preferable)
- Algorithms theory and object-oriented design knowledge, software design principles (SOLID, patterns)
- Intermediate English level
- Acknowledgement of Azure DevOps, GitHub Actions, Docker / Kubernetes
- Experience with writing unit tests, working with Test-Driven Development