Infrastructure - Devops Engineer vacancy at Blackbird.AI
Description of the job
About this role
Are you ready to join an exciting start-up that is revolutionizing how dis-information is handled on the internet? Get ready to join a small but growing team of highly talented engineers and leaders, building exciting AI-driven services and technologies. As an Infrastructure Architect for Blackbird.AI, you will own the infrastructure architecture for a real-time streaming cloud hosted analytics platform, and help the company establish a solid foundation for deployment of different micro services databases and frameworks, along with performance monitoring tools, continuous integration and deployment pipelines.
- Own and maintain self hosted and AWS hosted Linux servers.
- High proactivity in troubleshooting and communicating on server infrastructure deployments.
- Develop, and maintain kubernetes clusters that hold several databases and ETLs
- Engineer fault tolerance, backup and retention policies.
- Develop deployment and rollout s.
- Monitor and scale the different databases.
- Develop and maintain servicing different web applications through web servers and ingresses.
- Maintain and scale several deployments: Kafka, ElasticSearch, postgresDB, redis ...
- Audit and manage security related issues : TLS , firewalls etc ...
- Automate cloud agnostic deployments to : AWS or on premise.
- Work with the data engineering team and the full stack development team to ensure best practices in terms of stack choice and deployments.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Demonstrated product success with deployment in the cloud and SaaS model; in a horizontally scalable distributed fashion.
- Expert level knowledge of Linux systems.
- Expert level capable of Kubernetes ecosystem and docker containers.
- Proficiency in Helm charts , Python and or golang.
- Solid level in web servers and security related topics.
- Good experience in building and maintaining Kafka clusters and redis clusters.
- Experience in deploying and maintaining prometheus, grafana and setting up monitoring for the infrastructure.
- Good knowledge of ElasticSearch and MetricBeat for log monitoring.
- Solid experience in addressing infrastructure security issues.
- 2+ years' hands-on experience in developing with Python, Bash.
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code tools , terraform or similar.
- Experience in Managing secrets stores, Vault or similar.
- Expertise in build automation, continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) tools,
- Experience working with cloud based services (similar to AWS S3, CloudFront, Route53, ElastiCache etc.).
- Experience working with distributed teams.
Helpful to Have:
- Experience with MLOps frameworks Kubeflow, SeldOn or similar.
- Experience in building Kubernetes operators in golang.
- Technical background or experience with AI/ML deployments.
- Experience with multi-tenant deployments in AWS or similar.
- Familiarity with mainstream ETL tools, airflow or similar.
- Experience dealing with massive datasets in order of terabytes.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Work From Home
- Stock Option Plan
Take note - due to the high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for taking the time to apply for the role at Blackbird.AI.