Junior Developer vacancy at Deskpass
At Deskpass we believe where you work impacts how you work. The right space has the power to help people work more efficiently, effectively, and happily.
Our team is on a mission to power productivity by connecting employees to workspaces tailored to their needs - providing them the freedom and flexibility to choose where their best work happens.
Deskpass is revolutionizing the way humans work and we’re looking for great teammates to join our journey - we hope that’s you!
Our global network of professionally managed workspaces spans across 8 countries and 92 cities currently, and we are continuing to expand rapidly.
For companies, our pay-as-you-go model gives employees on-demand access to desks, meeting rooms and offices in locations that are convenient to them, and companies only pay for the visits their employees make - providing huge cost savings over a traditional office lease.
For individuals, our monthly membership provides on-demand coworking and discounted meeting room and private office rentals, so remote work is productive, professional, personalized, and fun.
Description of the job
We look for people who embody these values and are passionate about delivering an exceptional experience to everyone we interact with.
- React (familiarity with newer React concepts such as hooks and Suspense a plus)
- Node JS/Express and the general JS back end ecosystem
- SQL/NoSQL, particularly Postgres and Redis
- Containerization experience (Docker or similar)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working and communicating with other developers as well as non-developers such as support personnel, designers, etc.
- Enthusiastic, friendly, and helpful demeanor
Nice to Have Skills/Experience
- CSS/markup experience (architecting markup/CSS for large projects using patterns such as BEM)
- App development experience (native or hybrid, iOS especially)
- Stripe/Braintree/Paypal API experience (or other similar payment systems)
- Analytics/marketing platform experience (Segment/Hubspot in particular)
- React: 1 year (Preferred)
- Node.js: 1 year (Preferred)
- SQL: 1 year (Preferred)
What We Offer
- Dynamic, creative, and collaborative work environment in a driven team.
- Contract to Hire. Competitive contractor fee for the first months, with expectation to transition to full time employment, if desired.
- Flexible work schedule. Having a comfortable and stimulating work environment is important to us. We are constantly working to create something unique and exciting that connects people with welcoming communities and beautiful work spaces. We build our work schedule together to help the team be its creative best.
- Company Core Values
- Our company core values guide our hiring, company culture, internal and external communication, prioritization of tasks, design and development, decision-making, and more.
- We look for people who embody these values and are passionate about delivering an exceptional experience to everyone we interact with.
We Make Hybrid Work
We are powering the fundamental shift to hybrid work by empowering people and companies with the technology and tools that allow them to choose how and where they get their work done.
Hospitality & Technology
Through exceptional customer service, intuitive design, and seamless technology-enabled access, we aim to delight our members and deliver an easy and efficient experience every time they use Deskpass.
Grounded & Pragmatic
We take a practical approach to implementing our vision, solving problems, and serving our users with products that address their needs simply and efficiently.
Great at work, Remarkable at Teamwork
Our team is high performing. We interact effectively, transparently, honestly, timely, and in support of each other with thoughtful and smart communication
Be a Partner
We build long-term, harmonious relationships with operators, customers, and each other, because we believe that everyone benefits when everyone is considered and well taken care of.
Location & Availability
This role is fully remote.
Communication will be through online channels (Slack or otherwise) as well as voice communication as needed (Skype/phone/Google Hangout/etc.). Daily check-ins are expected, with frequency, duration and time varying based on current workload and project deadlines.
This role will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer
This role has a base salary commensurate with 1-2 years of Junior Developer experience.
How To Apply
Does this position sound like a good fit? Send your cover letter and resume to: jobs [ at ] deskpass.com
Please use the subject line: Junior Developer Job Posting
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday