Kubernetes Product Manager vacancy at Canonical
In an era where the frontiers of innovation are public, and not private, the platforms for consuming that innovation should enable everyone to participate. That is the vision for Ubuntu and Canonical, which motivates us to enable a wide diversity of open source communities to collaborate under the Ubuntu umbrella.
We believe that every computer user:
Should have the freedom to download, run, copy, distribute, study, share, change and improve their software for any purpose, without paying licensing fees.
Should be able to use their software in the language of their choice.
Should be able to use all software regardless of disability.
Our philosophy is reflected in the software we produce, the way we distribute it and our licensing terms, too - Ubuntu Licence Policy.
We aim to be the platform which leads in achieving these ideals. We work to the goal that every piece of software you could possibly need is available under a licence that gives you those freedoms.
Description of the job
This role encompasses leadership of the product and go-to-market in the CAAS and Kubernetes market. It requires an analytical storyteller with a strong sense of message.
The successful candidate will be multi-talented, with:
- Experience in containers and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with relevant software and standards
- A technical or science background and qualifications
- Software engineering experience
- Business and commercial interests
- Proven leadership and presentation skills
- Personal interests aligned with the field
- Awareness of Ubuntu and Canonicalâs competition and opportunities
- Track record of data-driven decision-making
- Proven ability to write about technology and the tech landscape
Product leadership of Canonical's Kubernetes, Docker and CAAS related offerings. This role is about:
- shaping our MicroK8s and Charmed Kubernetes offerings
- working with public cloud and partner ISVs who build K8s on Ubuntu
- driving our enterprise business around K8s and containers
If you have a passion for technology and business, an appreciation for open source, and good communications skills, then you will enjoy a product leadership role at Canonical.
This role encompasses leadership of the product and go-to-market in the CAAS and Kubernetes market. It requires an analytical storyteller with a strong sense of message. We prefer graduate professionals with software engineering management experience who want to become business executives and entrepreneurs, to define product strategy and drive engagement.
Product leadership at Canonical is data-driven and content-centric. Product performance is closely measured and this team participates in regular reviews with company leadership. You will join a growing team and help shape the message across our suite of products. You will create content to engage a sophisticated technical and commercial audience, and work closely with marketing, media, engineering, sales, research, consulting, and training teams. You will also be accountable for product marketing collateral, case studies, training, and blog posts that deliver measurable lead-gen and awareness.