57 day(s) ago
Product Engineer, Fintech Start-up, Remote, (Java, Flutter & AWS) vacancy at Producement
Remote worker location: Worldwide
English: Advanced, Upper Intermediate, Native Speaker
Experience: 3+ years
Hajimemashite（はじめまして). GIG-A is a financial technology company that offers daily mobile banking services in Japan. We help customers open a local bank account, manage everyday spending, use overdraft, and transfer money back home.
Description of the job
About your role:
Your mission as an early joiner in the product engineering team is to help customers safely onboard to GIG-A services and to assure they can reliably manage their everyday spending via payments, cards, and cash withdrawals.
Product Engineering Team and Culture:
- We are our customers
It's personal because we have lived through the pain. We empathize with our customers and adapt to their feedback.
- Bring choices to the table
We are proactive. Identify challenges and opportunities. Be transparent in communication. Propose multiple courses of action to deliver a solution.
- Become a learning machine
We continuously upskill to achieve freedom of maneuver with our team and to triumph over challenges.
- Born global
We are nomads with the world as our home. We demonstrate with kind actions that every employee belongs to our *house* (a reference to the Japanese daimyo house).
Who you are:
- Experience working with: Java, Spring Boot, Flutter & AWS
- Bonus points for experience with Kotlin, CI/CD, RDS, Postgres
- You are motivated by the impact that your work has
- You enjoy writing testable code and believe in Test Driven Development
- Fluent English is a must
- You are a confident communicator. Communicating with teammates, collecting requirements, describing product features, demoing work in progress, and providing updates are integral parts of your work
- Self-starter mindset - You enjoy working in a fast-paced team where you can take the initiative. You are autonomous and independent, but you also know when to collaborate with the rest of the team
- Not afraid of challenges - you think being challenged on your assumptions and decisions makes you grow
- You're motivated to join a growing startup
- Previous experience with building a finance/banking products
- Bonus points if you speak Japanese
What we offer:
- Continuous learning environment
- Improve your technical skill-set
- Trust and freedom
- Supportive and highly skilled team members
- Great culture of transparency and openness
- Opportunity to make a real impact in customers’ lives
*play with this assessment to apply
**fully remote ±2 hours from EET (GMT+2)