Quality Assurance/Test Engineer (QA) vacancy at Venly
Venly is a technology company creating an all-in-one software platform to help companies benefit from blockchain technology. The global vision is to build both a developer-friendly platform and an intuitive interface for end-users. At the centre of everything lies simplicity, prime UX and top-level security.
The company has been recognised as a digital pioneer and delivers groundbreaking innovation to companies such as Atari, Ubisoft and other industry leaders. We are looking for top candidates with a startup mindset that want to be an active member of the team and part of the journey building cool products that will help grow the company.
The Venly team values pro-activeness, autonomous learning, teamwork, honesty & drive.
Description of the job
Roles & Responsibilities:
As a Quality assurance/Test Engineer you work with the R&D teams early in the development to come up with a test approach for every feature, combining several test tactics ensuring an optimal balance between test coverage and run-time costs.
- You ensure the test approach chosen not only covers the happy path, but also the non-happy path and edge-case scenarios
- You use different automated test tactics to give us the confidence that our application is functioning as expected at all times, and you use manual testing to try to break the application and to validate whether it solves the business need.
- You not only consider writing automated tests or performing tests as part of your responsibility, but you guard the quality of the application as a whole by also evaluating the documentation, the user experience, whether the functionality solves the business challenges…
- You do risk assessments to ensure how far you need to take the testing
- Together with the team, you help create and execute the necessary tests (automated or manual)
- You analyze bugs and errors found during tests
- You coach the team on QA best practices
Required experience and skill:
Experience in both backend and UI automation.
- Working experience on test life cycle (test planning, test designing, test case creation/maintenance, test automation, execution, reporting)
- Strong experience in backend automation (using REST).
- Experience with Postman/ SoapUI tool.
- Experience in SWAGGER
- Experience with performance testing tools
- Familiarity with AWS cloud platform
- Good understanding of micro-service-based architecture, CI/CD frameworks
- Knowledge or working experience of Agile methodology
- Good communication skills.