React, Django or Full Stack - Experienced Software Engineer at Uplift, a fully remote USA consultancy vacancy at Uplift Agency Ltd.
40 - 150 $ per Hour
Uplift Agency Ltd.
We are constantly on the lookout for people who can join us. If you've got what it takes, we’ll find a way to include you.
Our core value is continuous learning: within the industry & from each other. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. If you're self-sufficient, passionate & a good communicator, apply now!
Description of the job
Uplift is a fully remote company, registered in Boulder, CO, United States.
Apply at: https://www.uplift.ltd/careers
Uplift is a fast paced incubator of products. We’re a group of incredibly smart, passionate, well rounded individuals and we’re looking for other engineers to join our stellar team.
We are looking for an experienced Backend Django/Python Engineer for web and mobile app development and/or experienced React/React Native engineer. In this role, you should be able to work independently with little supervision. You should have excellent communication and organization skills, as well as problem solving skills. Your goal will be to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals.
Design your own work schedule. Work on a variety of projects. Utilize our shared resources. If it's a great fit, we would consider an employment relationship.
Why You'll Love Working at Uplift:
- We find the work for you!
- We offer you a team and shared resources to help you take on bigger client projects if you’re turning down opportunities.
- Enjoy a healthy work-life balance, like everyone else at the company.
- Embark on your own self-driven career path with opportunities for positions like tech lead.
- Work on many different projects and cross-pollinate all the lessons and solutions.
- Work remotely: avoid a time and energy drain of a commute. Uplift has been remote-first since inception.
- Get together in person once a year for a company offsite.Indulge in the freedom to design your own work schedule, whether that includes a four day work week, evening hours, or whatever suits you and your lifestyle, so long as it's clearly communicated.
- You get access to Paul & Marius, two of the brightest minds in engineering & consulting.
- Uplift has no investors, other than our team, and thus no one who can dictate the future of our company or our products. We have ultimate freedom in the projects that we choose.
- Uplift has a 401(k) plan for employees if we end up converting the contract!
As a member of our team we value your opinion. We also respect the skills you bring to our company.
Note this is only a subset of the job postings on our site. For more details, visit https://www.uplift.ltd/careers
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies
- Technologies and Skills to Consider
- Django (python) or Node.js - 3+ years of experience strongly preferred
- GraphQL (Django & React+Apollo)
- Pytest/unit testing
- 2+ years of experience on React, React Native
- GraphQL (Apollo, schema design, input validation, etc)
- UI experience (understands components, HTML, CSS layouts)
- Freelance experience: delivered projects, managed budget/estimate, worked with non-technical clients (most important)
- Python3 types
- Heroku or AWS
- SQL experience
- Can think critically, build from rough specs (no designs or detailed specs)
- Self-sufficient (can get stuff done with Trello tasks or JIRA tickets, can make decisions)
One of our core values is continuous learning: within the industry & from each other. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. If you're self-sufficient, passionate & a good communicator, we'd love to hear from you.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract. Preference for 25 hours a week or more.
We welcome mid-level to senior-level Full-Stack developers and if you are solely dedicated to backend development we prefer 5+ years of experience if located in the US and and 7/8 + years if located outside the US.
- $40-150/hr for contract (20-30 hours per week)
- $85,000 - $155,000 per year for employment with 401(k) (30-40 hours per week)
- 1-3 month contract-to-hire trial before employment
At the moment, we can only offer employment to US based staff, and work with contractors elsewhere.
Please read our Careers page for details about the positions on our site: https://www.uplift.ltd/careers