Remote Backend Go Developer vacancy at Hunter.io
Description of the job
Hunter's product team is hiring a Backend Go developer! You'll become one of the key team members responsible for moving the data side of the Hunter application forward.
We love working as a small team and don't hire frequently. So this is a rare and exciting opportunity to join the team. You'll be part of the product team alongside Bastien (head of engineering), Bernardo (Backend Go developer), Mark (Ruby on Rails developer), Chris (Designer), François, and Antoine (co-founders).
About the role
At Hunter, we've been working from the start with one Go application (managing all our data) and one Ruby on Rails application (responding to users' requests). This setup has allowed us to be highly productive while our team stays small. We believe in always finding the most elegant way to build our product, and Go has been the ideal language to crawl, parse, and organize billions of public web pages.
As part of a small group within a young company, you will work on various projects over time, but you can expect that:
- You'll work on our main Go codebase that gathers, processes, and provides all the data of hunter.io.
- Within a few weeks, you'll become responsible for significant projects that will improve Hunter by building new critical features in our existing services. Over time, you'll help expand our product line.
- You'll take part in proving a crawler that processes billions of pages per month (https://hunter.io/our-data)
- You'll work with the rest of the product team to gradually increase the importance of NLP in our data pipelines.
- You'll get a high level of autonomy in your work and help shape future development efforts.
- You'll gather feedback from our Support team to find issues in our current system and improve it.
Hunter is a fully remote team, and this is a remote job. It is open to anyone located in Europe.
- You have multiple years of experience working with Backend Development. Ideally, you have experience in Go.
- You enjoy dealing with complex problems and finding elegant solutions.
- You're confident you can have a high level of autonomy and enjoy making decisions for yourself.
- You're excited to take ownership of projects, set directions, and make calls. You're able to communicate clearly with your colleagues.
- You have experience in remote working. You're comfortable working primarily with asynchronous communication and don't need a lot of handholding or supervision.
Salespeople, marketers, and recruiters use Hunter to reach out to the people that matter for their business. We index B2B data from millions of public web pages and make it convenient to explore with simple but powerful tools.
Hunter is the most popular solution to find professional email addresses. It is used by almost 3 million people and leading companies such as Google, Adobe, Microsoft, or IBM.
Hunter was founded in 2015 and is a self-funded company. We're a team of 11 people working remotely from Europe, America, and Asia. Twice a year, the team meets in a company retreat in Europe.
Being part of Hunter will also get you:
- A yearly gross compensation ranging between 80k and 130k USD
- Five weeks of paid vacations per year
- Fully-paid setup (including a MacBook Pro, standing desk, ergonomic chair, etc.)
- $5,000 vacation bonus per year
Please mention the word FAMOUS when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a feature to avoid fake spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and instantly see they're human.
Salary and compensation
$80,000 — $130,000/year