Remote Data Engineer vacancy at SafetyWing
Description of the job
We are looking for a data engineer interested in building a global safety net
🚀 About SafetyWing
At SafetyWing, we do not have a strong division between tech and product - we are all part of the product development, and we all participate in strategic decisions for the company. We believe this is the path to create great products.
We’re a strong team of 35, our headquarter is in San Francisco, while our international team is fully distributed, stretching ten time zones (Finland to California). We are on a mission to remove the role of geographical borders as a barrier to equal opportunities and freedom for everyone. And we are doing that by creating simple health, insurance, and retirement products for remote workers worldwide, as a replacement for national welfare systems.
Our current customers are digital nomads (b2c) and remote companies (b2b).
👩💻 Languages and technologies we use
- Java (soon with the addition of Kotlin), Guice (dependency injection), Gradle
- React / Redux
- MySQL (with Hibernate and Liquibase)
- Google cloud platform with bigQuery as data warehouse
🧪 We are looking for someone who
- Is great at programming and enjoys what they do
- Enjoys building data pipelines, developing and managing a dwh and building data aggregates for analytics purposes
- Wants to help build a global social safety net on the internet
- Thinks for themselves instead of copying others
- Is creative and bold in the face of any problem
- Is intellectually honest and have high integrity
Hourly rate initially with the opportunity for a full time position over time