Remote Frontend Engineer vacancy at Leadjet
As we received a lot of positive feedback and were able to market the product effectively, Leadjet got sufficient growth and traction to be able to advance without having to raise funds.
Since its product launch (Q3 2020), Leadjet serves over 600 companies as clients (i.a. OpenClassrooms, Ubble, Batch, ShipUp, or Comet) and partners with major CRM companies such as Salesforce and HubSpot.
The team is currently composed of 10 people from various backgrounds. These are the flags of all the nationalities represented in the team!
The tech team is currently composed by 3 people (1 front-end / 2 backend) and all code pushed to production is reviewed and approved by our CTO.
We are planning to recruit a lot in the year 2022 so you will have the occasion to join an initially small team and see it grow with the product and the company!
Description of the job
🏗 The product
Leadjet lets sales professionals live in the apps they use daily (first and foremost LinkedIn), while it automatically captures all their relationship activity and stores it in their CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software.
Concretely, it takes the form of a browser extension modifying the LinkedIn interface by adding extra features (synchronization of contacts and associated custom fields, synchronization of conversations, export of contact lists & more). We are currently supporting Chrome, Firefox & Edge, Safari is still a bit too capricious for us.
We aim for product-led growth, user experience and product stability are therefore very important.
Exciting things are to come as we are on our way to build our second product 🤫
We are aware that efficient software developers need a lot of focus and should be able to advance on dedicated tasks without constant interruptions. We are committed to creating a work environment where people producing code are able to do it under the best possible conditions.
Focusing since the beginning on product stability, we are able to move forward very effectively as we add even more functionalities.
For every feature, we take the necessary development time so that once it is completed, we don't have to get back to it anymore, or only for small optimizations. We are currently achieving this and our goal is to keep this up while growing the team!
So we don't count PRs, we don't track time, our approach is evaluating the global impact after several weeks having worked together.
Working with us you will have the opportunity to get involved with the projects you feel more comfortable on and participate in building them as a team!
💻 The job
We are looking for a front-end / fullstack software engineer to grow the dev team as we strive to add new functionnalities and improve stability even more as our userbase is constantly expanding.
Here are example of features you will be working on:
- Implementation of a rich text editor from scratch (improvement from our Notes feature)
- Implementation of a @mention feature from scratch
- Implementation of a design system working closely with the design team
- Developping / improving standalone components integrated in LinkedIn (notifications, panels, tooltips, â€¦)
- Participating in the development of an entirely new product working closely with the marketing and product teams
Here are some key-points in which the ideal candidate should identity with :
- You have an MsC in Software engineering of equivalent
- Ideally 5 years of coding experience
- You are able to implement new features from simple and clear specifications while making sure to keep the logic of the current code
- You are able to follow code architecture guidelines and propose ways to improve it
- You have an acute sensibility for UX and improving it motivates you
- You can dive into the back-end (Go) codebase, understand it and implementing small changes if needed
- You are nice and you want to work with nice people 😌
- You want to solve business-oriented issues with code and see the direct impact of your implementations on business, sales and user experience
- You have experience with developing browser extensions
- You have experience with implementing and/or working with design systems
Here are the technologies we are currently working with:
* Typescript / Sass on the extension side
- Nunjucks for templating, Webpack for bundling
- Go / MongoDB / Redis on the server-side
Remuneration according to profile. We are an early-stage startup but still commit to pay our contractors and employees appropriately. If you're a good fit there is no doubt we will be able to agree on this topic.
Equity shares are open for the first 10 employees of which you would be a part of.
* Full-remote / Half remote possible
- Part-time possible
- In terms of contract what would suit us best at first would be freelancing but we are open to other possibilities
💼 Recruitment process
Since we are a small team, our process is pretty straighforward :
* Informal exchange with Romain (Co-Founder & CTO) and Pierre (Lead front-end developer) for 20 minutes. A simple coding exercice will be given for you to complete at home (completion time: ~ 1 hour) * Technical interview with Romain and Pierre (40 minutes) where we will debrief on the test and have a discussion about our philosophy and technical issues we face.
We would be delighted if you contacted us directly by mail 😊
Be sure to mention the word CHERISHED when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
Salary and compensation
$50,000 — $70,000/year