Remote software developer vacancy at Apicbase
Description of the job
What we're looking for
You are a software all-rounder who loves to work on web and mobile technologies. All you need is some great coffee, a group of talented colleagues and a whiteboard to design the blueprint of our next software module. You are not afraid of getting your hands dirty to find that one obnoxious bug that no one else could track down. You sometimes wonder how people ever got things done without Stack Overflow, but you take pride in improving those suggestions and adapting them to the current context.
What you'll be doing (more or less)
- You'll work on the software that powers apicbase.com by writing Python (Django) and Java code (Vue JS).
- You'll join and contribute to team meetings where we design the blueprint for the future (and sometimes the past, in case of refactorings) of Apicbase.
- You'll become part of a team of talented colleagues adopting lean methodology with great support for our Product Owners, Tech Team Leads and Quality Engineers.
- All over apicbase.com there will be bits and pieces of code highlighting your unique strengths and skills.
- You'll always be on the lookout for streamlining our development process.
- You'll really make a difference and play a defining role in the future of Apicbase
Who are you?
- We prefer open minded, bright people above experts in a single field, but the following things will get you up and running just that wee bit faster.
- Experience with Scrum and Git
- Python and/or Django experience
- Experience writing web apps using web frameworks (Laravel, Django, Angular, ...)
- Experience with continuous deployment pipelines
- HTML, CSS/SASS, Java/Vue
- You have a feeling for efficiency when writing database queries or more complex algorithms.
- When you stumble upon code in need of a small refactoring you'll not hesitate and just do what needs to be done
- You're not the 'but it works on my machine...' type of guy/girl
What do we offer?
- A full time and ultra-varied job at a well-funded, successful and fast-growing scale-up
- Working in a company-culture with ownership, self-responsibility and accountability
- Being part of a young, flexible and dynamic team that builds together the future of Apicbase
- The time to learn and master state-of-the-art technologies
- Possibility to travel to technology and food events
- An attractive and competitive salary
How do we proceed?
- If we both think there could be a match, we send you a technical assessment;
- After that we invite you for a chat;
- If that goes well, we will send you a slightly larger assignment;
- Are we convinced? Then we offer you the job!
- It's not going to happen? Then you will always be told why.