Scrum Master Advisor
General overview of the role
As Scrum Master, you play a key role in the definition, development, implementation, and ongoing improvement of Agile practices (with an emphasis on Scrum) within the organization. You will facilitate sprint planning, retrospective, and daily activities related to stand-ups and sprint burn down; as well as maintain relevant metrics that help the team see and understand their progress during a sprint. In this role you'll own and resolve identified impediments. As Scrum Master you're responsible for leading the continual Agile transformation and practices as well as promoting accountability and transparency across all levels of the organization.
1. Perform the role of scrum master for one or more teams, leading multiple, simultaneous initiatives of complex programs / release trains.
2. Practices the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, accountability, and practices continuous improvement.
3. Facilitates sprint demos, planning, and retrospectives.
4. Tracks and communicates team velocity and sprint/release progress.
5. Provide status reporting on key performance indicators (KPIS), schedule, resources, and milestone delivery.
6. Support and educate product owners, especially in regard to developing, refining and managing product backlog.
7. Provides coaching of team members, product owners, product development team, other scrum masters and pm community.
8. Strong mediation and negotiation skills.
9. Coach, mentor, and support other scrum masters that will be assigned teams in iterative product development, including following the scrum framework, communicating effectively, managing conflict amongst team members, identifying and removing impediments, and applying self-organization and shared leadership with the team.
Abilities/Knowledge/Skills Considered a Plus: Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Certified ScrumMaster; Experience in managing multiple teams (onsite and offshore) and, Microservice Architecture and critical common components. Experience in managing and driving multiple teams focused on legacy retirement, and modernization of backend platform systems. Experience working as Scrum Master in Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Test-Driven Development (TDD).
Domicile: This position will be domiciled in Plano, Texas.
Remote Work: The ability to work remotely within the United States may be available based on business need.
Relocation: Relocation assistance may be available based on business need.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, information systems, or business administration and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. Five (5) years equivalent work experience in information technology or business environment. A related advanced degree may offset the experience requirements.
Application Criteria: To be considered, please upload a copy of your current resume to include beginning and ending dates for each employer/position and answer job screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on Wednesday, January 6, 2021.