Senior Designer vacancy at ThreeSixtyEight
Description of the job
We're seeking an experienced designer who enjoys doing a wide range of ambitious work that covers branding, web/interactive, and ad campaigns.
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of in-depth knowledge and experience of User Interface Design, UX Design, Branding, Advertisement, and other ancillary marketing tactics
- Experience executing core brand identity, integrated campaigns, and digital products and experiences.
- Proficiency in designing digital experiences, websites, and user interfaces + knowledge of current UI tools and trends
- Strong understanding of current industry tools with the ability to adapt to new technologies
- Persuasive ability to gain team and client buy-in (e.g. storytelling, storyboards, mood boards, prototypes, etc)
- Knowledge of web-based technologies like WordPress, Webflow, and Squarespace + their impact on the feasibility of digital design solutions
- Sharp task and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and identify and solve problems effectively and efficiently.
- A great story – a critical element of all our roles is to deliver insights about people and behavior – verbally and visually – in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the client and design team.
- A strategic perspective on the variety of work that we do. Many of our projects involve strategic thinking based upon the insights gathered from the field. Thus, business, brand, and/or strategic experience are desirable.
- A natural skill to engage with people at a deep level. Whether observing or interviewing customers, or working with fellow team members and clients, a service designer should be passionate about representing the human perspective in design and should have skills in bringing this passion to life for the team.
We're seeking an experienced designer who enjoys doing a wide range of ambitious work that covers branding, web/interactive, and ad campaigns. Are you known for transforming loose concepts into powerful design executions? Do you have a natural intuition for digital and interactive mediums? Are you a team player who enjoys working alongside a team of strategists, writers, account leaders, and developers to craft solutions that challenge expectations and drive business?
If the answer is yes, we're looking for you to join our team full time.
This job is remote-friendly, so don't be shy, say hi.
What You’ll Do
- Transform loose concepts into powerful visuals across multiple mediums, smartly bringing together user needs, business goals, and technical realities
- Proactively contribute to conversations about brand strategy and positioning with a design perspective
- Collaborate with the Strategy Team to develop the best solutions to reach client goals and provide the best end-user experience with project scope
- Translate concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity despite system complexity
- Get client and creative team buy-in through verbal storytelling and rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototyping
- Effectively communicate your vision to clients and team members through presentations, storyboards, and mood boards
- Create style guides and brand guidelines to supplement prototypes for cohesive implementation
- Express research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers
- Collaborate effectively with remote team members, including designers, researchers, engineering, product management, marketing and others
- Participate in and contribute to post-project reviews
- Play an active role in client meetings by being the authoritative voice of reason for design decisions
- Vocalize design knowledge and ideas to clients and the project team
- Continually strive to exceed client expectations
- When necessary, manage work streams directly with clients to ensure proper delivery and communication of ideas
- Proactively identify business opportunities
Leadership & Influence
- Embrace feedback with a positive attitude
- Provide routine guidance and mentorship to other designers
- Mentor new design hires to ensure expectations, values and processes are effectively communicated
- Write quarterly design related blog posts
- Routinely promote and maintain TSE values and principles
- Actively promote TSE by sharing work and cultural moments on social media
- Continual exploration of current design terminology, trends, and techniques to equip our team and clients with the most up to date design knowledge
- Full utilization of annual education budget to attend conferences, workshops or classes
- Routinely researching new design tools, software, and processes improve and enhance creative output
You’ll Love It Here If...
- You don’t want to work for another “ad agency.”
- You want to help build a growing company.
- You’re curious and adventurous. You feel called to the unknown. You push boundaries.
- You don’t need to be closely managed, but enjoy working in teams.
- You love creativity and technology equally.
- You want to challenge common thinking to create an uncommon future.
Working at ThreeSixtyEight
Love your job. We believe that the best work happens in a happy environment that promotes free-thinking, radical candor, and honest teamwork. That’s why we promote a culture of creative confidence for both our staff and our clients. Creative confidence means that we have the courage to be ourselves, take creative risks and break the rules sometimes, knowing that when great ideas meet with experience and execution, the results speak for themselves.
Want to get a feel for what it's really like?? Check out our culture manual.
For a snapshot of the awesome things, we get to work on (and you might, too) at TSE, check out our website.
Perks and Benefits*
- Monthly lunch and learns
- Annual stipend for conferences or education
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) program for all full-time employees
- Paid hack days for working on internal passion projects
- Access to TSE hosted events
- A fun office with cool stuff like Nintendo and beer on tap
- Annual off-site retreat
- Flexible office hours
- Half-day off on the first Friday of each month
- Great gear to ensure we have the best tools for the job
- Fun, team-centered mentality (no egos please)
- Health insurance benefits including a generous employer contribution
- 401(k) plan matched up to 4%
- Opportunities for annual raises