Senior Frontend Engineer vacancy at Personio
Description of the job
What you need to succeed?
- In-depth experience working on fast-scaling and complex systems
- Track record in software craftsmanship, test-driven development, clean code, and SOLID design principles
- High standards for the quality of UI and experience interpreting and executing on the outcomes of UX research and Product Design
- Sound experience in automated testing, performance monitoring and optimisation
- Coaching experience. It’s important for you to learn from and teach peers, and to continuously help junior team members appreciate and apply best engineering and UX practices
- Driven by impact. You are eager to create customer value
- Teamplayer. You are passionate about working with talented and inspiring people. Your heart beats for receiving and giving feedback, to grow both personally and as an engineer
- You are business-fluent in English
- You are located in a country where we have an office (Spain, Germany, UK, Ireland, Netherlands)
This role will be fully remote from one of the following countries: Spain, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands or UK.
At Personio we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR Platform in Europe!
The Employee Performance and Development Tribe includes the management of feedback meetings, the tracking of goals and a very big vision for the future. The Performance review cycle is one of the most stressful processes for People Managers and Employees alike, but it doesn’t have to be. Our goal is to make this as transparent, fair and painless as possible. We are building the tools that help managers foster the right conversations, engage and grow employees in their careers and provide insights to organizations that help them unlock their people potential.
Like all our tribes we are a cross-functional group of engineers, designers and product managers from many different nationalities and backgrounds, spread across different locations and we continue to grow in 2021. Join us and help shape the Employee Performance and Development Tribe journey for Personio.
We are at the beginning of our journey and need help laying the foundation of Performance Management to become a directly revenue contributing product and drive towards Personio's mission to Enable Better Organizations.
Your tasks and responsibilities in a nutshell
- Direct contribution to Personio codebase as a frontend engineer, as part of a product team
- Identifying, documenting, and communicating technical improvements within your area of responsibility in the team
- Support in the development and reinforcement of frontend engineering standards and guidelines
- Close collaboration with technical (backend, QA & infrastructure) and non-technical (product, design) roles to understand and challenge end user requirements and ultimately translate these into effective technical solutions
- Participating in cross-team engineering initiatives as individual contributor
- Helping with selecting, onboarding, and coaching of junior members of the team
Aside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and virtual shares
26 days of paid vacation + 2 days off for Christmas and New Year's Eve (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
Free English and Spanish language classes
With PersonioFlex, decide for yourself where you work most effectively. For this, we offer you a flexible 50% in-office & 50% remote working framework. Our remote working policy includes the possibility to work from home or anywhere within the UK or European Economic Area.
Parental benefit of 10 extra days off in case your child gets sick
Enjoy training with Gympass with a subsidy of 30€/month from Personio
Private Health insurance (company level plan): Access to Sanitas plan at a reduced employee cost (€43 for employees, spouse, or children)
Visa and relocation support
Food and public transport subsidy of €68 per month
Discounts across a range of brands so you can save money while shopping at Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, Dia, etc.
Mental health support, as we know that mental wellbeing plays a major role in both our personal and professional success. #PersonioCares
Two Impact days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society. One day is for an individual project and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility