Senior Node.js Developer vacancy at Jibble
As part of an ambitious team you’ll work with a cutting edge tech stack. Continuous learning and applying new and emerging technologies and methodologies make this an exciting opportunity for you to expand and deepen your skills on the job.
You will be working in a team of 15 developers from 10 different countries, operating in bi-weekly sprints with daily stand-ups. We apply Kanban methodology in the development process and impact is continuously measured.
Besides back-end development, you will be deeply involved in the design process - offering feedback and input in meetings with product managers and designers when planning new features and products. The position offers a competitive salary and a fully remote work environment.
Description of the job
We’re looking for a highly experienced Node.js developer to work on the PayrollPanda cloud product.
Who we are looking for:
- 5+ years of commercial development experience
- 3+ years with a tech stack that includes NodeJS, PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Experience with Backbone.js, ParsePlatform or a similar technology is a plus
- Familiar with writing automated tests (unit tests, integration tests etc.)
- Agile (scrum) software development experience
- Experience working in remote teams is an added advantage.
- Located within UTC - UTC+8 timezones
We’re looking for a highly experienced Node.js developer to work on the PayrollPanda cloud product. It’s an exciting opportunity for an experienced developer that is looking for a new challenge with a fast-growing startup targeting the fastest-growing region in the world - South-East Asia. The position offers a highly competitive salary.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Improving existing features of the product and working on the back-end implementation of new features as we continue to scale and strive for product-market fit
- Ensuring code quality and standards while meeting deadlines and delivering targets set by the product team.
- Working closely with the product manager in preparing and approving the scope of work.
Our Tech Stack and Tools:
- Node.js with Loopback/Express/ParsePlatform backend
- Backbone.js frontend
- Relational Database PostgreSQL
- Jest as standard testing framework
- Deployment on AWS Elastic Container Service
- Atlassian Jira for ticket & sprint management
- Atlassian Confluence for written specifications and documentation
- Slack for any kind of team communication
Our Joel Test Score
- Source control
- One-step build
- Daily builds
- Bug database
- Fix bugs before writing new code
- Up-to-date schedule
- Specifications for existing & new features
- Quiet working conditions
- Best tools money can buy
- Testers & automated tests
- Hallway usability testing