Senior Node.js Developer vacancy at Jibble Group
We launched PayrollPanda.my and Jibble.io in 2015 and 2016 respectively. PayrollPanda has become Malaysia’s leading cloud payroll software, and Jibble an award-winning time clock solution, targeting the fastest-growing region in the world - South-East Asia.
We are one of the leading HR SaaS businesses in South-East Asia, with 4,000+ paying customers across 50+ different markets.
Description of the job
We’re looking for a highly experienced Node.js developer to work on the PayrollPanda cloud product.
Who we are looking for:
- 5+ years of commercial development experience
- 3+ years with a tech stack that includes NodeJS, PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Experience with Backbone.js, ParsePlatform or a similar technology is a plus
- Familiar with writing automated tests (unit tests, integration tests etc.)
- Agile (scrum) software development experience
- Experience working in remote teams is an added advantage.
- Located within UTC - UTC+8 timezones
We’re looking for a highly experienced Node.js developer to work on the PayrollPanda cloud product. It’s an exciting opportunity for an experienced developer that is looking for a new challenge with a fast-growing startup targeting the fastest-growing region in the world - South-East Asia. The position offers a highly competitive salary.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Improving existing features of the product and working on the back-end implementation of new features as we continue to scale and strive for product-market fit
- Ensuring code quality and standards while meeting deadlines and delivering targets set by the product team.
- Working closely with the product manager in preparing and approving the scope of work.
Our Tech Stack and Tools:
- Node.js with Loopback/Express/ParsePlatform backend
- Backbone.js frontend
- Relational Database PostgreSQL
- Jest as standard testing framework
- Deployment on AWS Elastic Container Service
- Atlassian Jira for ticket & sprint management
- Atlassian Confluence for written specifications and documentation
- Slack for any kind of team communication
Our Joel Test Score
- Source control
- One-step build
- Daily builds
- Bug database
- Fix bugs before writing new code
- Up-to-date schedule
- Specifications for existing & new features
- Quiet working conditions
- Best tools money can buy
- Testers & automated tests
- Hallway usability testing