GitBook is now used by over 500,000 users and thousands of teams such as Adobe, Netflix, Decathlon, or Google. We're working on an ambitious next product step to redefine "core team work". Moving toward this next step, we're looking for a Support Engineer (working remotely) with excellent communication skills and technical knowledge to deliver a world-class experience to our customers.
The Support Engineer is a critical role at GitBook as this is often the first person our customers contact. As a Support Engineer, you will assist our customers by delivering a world-class experience through creative, technical problem-solving and a thorough knowledge of how GitBook works. We are working with a broad range of customers and most of them have a technical background (engineering, design, and product). An exemple of technical ticket would be to troubleshoot and provide guidance to users that have issues with the GitHub integration.
On a daily basis you will :
- Handle product and technical customer inquiries and requests via email and chat (Intercom) in a timely manner.
- Effectively troubleshoot and properly document customer support issues.
- Provide customers with regular updates regarding their support tickets.
- Gather product feedback and customer insights in order to constantly improve our customer experience.
- Demonstrate resilience and adaptability as our customer needs evolve and our case volume changes.
- Collaborate with our Product team to maintain a high level of knowledge regarding GitBook in order to diagnose technical issues.
- Partner with our Product Development team to submit bug reports and to solve more complex product issues.
- Collaborate with our Sales and Customer Success teams to identify opportunities for existing customers to up-sell or cross-sell
- Work in coordination with our Operations team on the billing
Prior experience working as a support engineer (ideally 3-4 years) handling a large amount of tickets and variety of issues.
A prior experience providing customers support on an agile product or a similar environment would be a plus.
An engineering degree or technical bootcamp training would be ideal.
Previous experience working remotely and the ability to be autonomous in a remote working environment
Passion for consistently helping customers while providing high quality customer experience
Ability to troubleshoot and further investigate to fix a problem, even technical ones
Experience with REST API, database management, and web development technologies.
Outstanding communication skills in English (both written and verbal)
Demonstrating compassion and empathy towards customers
Attention to detail, organisational skills, and amazing time management skills
Ability to manage and prioritise a wide range of tickets at various stages of resolution
Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities
To have an impact by building a product that helps thousands of teams and users around the world
To move fast and learn in the challenging environment of a fast-growing startup
To work remotely whenever you want to (+/-2h from Paris time zone)
To go on team off-sites every quarter
1. First, you need to send us your application to express your interest and we will review it (of course we'll get back at you whatever the decision)
2. As the next step, our Talent Manager will call you so the both of you will be able to ensure there is a correlation between GitBook's expectations, the role and your own expectations.
3. Then you will have a call with the Hiring Partner to deep dive into day-to-day, on-the-job skills etc.
4. We will give you a Use Case to work on so you'll have a better understanding of your potential day-to-day challenges at GitBook.
5. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to discuss with one of GitBook's founders about our story, our vision and ambition, and ensure there is a fit with our culture and core values.
6. Finally, you will have the opportunity to meet with the entire team to determine if we would like to work together on a daily basis and share drink/lunches after work.