eThink is a high-touch, high-quality eLearning provider. We offer a world-class, fully-managed eLearning solution for the open-source Moodle and Totara Learning Management Systems. Managed by experts, eThink's total LMS solution provides a dynamic and customizable platform to meet specific institutional and organizational needs.
Here at eThink, we understand the importance of being able to rely on your provider for great support, fast service, and all forms of eLearning help and advice. When we push a same-day fix in response to a service ticket, run design sprints with other software vendors to ensure your products work together seamlessly, or achieve a 60-minute turnaround time for a thoughtful, human response to each support inquiry, that's not "going above and beyond." That's simply what we do and who we are, every single day.
* Spend your day in AWS – EC2, RDS, EFS, S3, ElastiCache, Route 53, and CloudWatch are key among other AWS offerings
* Configure server-side settings in a Linux environment supporting applications varying from aspell to Zend Framework.
* Tune settings for optimal performance based on varying customer demand in highly dynamic and configurable environments
* Install and troubleshoot Moodle, Moodle Workplace, and Totara along with several related plugins, modules, and 3rd party configurations
* Assist clients with network topology and configuration when establishing site-to-site VPN connections.
* Providing advanced technical support to clients via email, phone, or other methods by identifying problems, researching answers, and guiding users through appropriate steps
* Documenting procedures and knowledge base articles throughout problem resolution and architecture development processes.
What we promise: It won’t be boring. You will have new challenges all the time. Your hard work will not go unnoticed or unrewarded. Your suggestions will be heard, and your voice will matter.
* A fundamental knowledge of AWS offerings around compute services. AWS certifications are beneficial.
* Experience with programming or ing languages such as PHP, Python, and BASH along with some exposure to the AWS command line interface.
* Knowledge of learning management systems such as Moodle, Moodle Workplace, or Totara
* Experience with LAMP stack: Linux, Apache, MariaDB/PostgreSQL/Aurora, and PHP
* Experience in database administration along with a fundamental understanding of structured query language.
* Knowledge of Active Directory, SMTP, DNS, VPN and network configurations
* Experience with higher education technology and academic environments
* Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
* Member of a somewhat lapsed DnD group and/or fan of Overwatch