Web Application Developer (PHP) vacancy at eHungry, Inc.
From those humble (and hungry) beginnings we have grown to great team (and not too shabby looking -- except for Bob) that provides online ordering services to thousands of restaurants across the United States and Canada. eHungry is often called the "Shopify for restaurant online ordering." Okay, nobody really calls us that, but we use the same approach. We're not a portal or directory where customers go to find restaurants and get charged ridiculous fees. We build each restaurant's online ordering experience under their own brand. We're proud to offer a low-cost, feature-rich platform that makes it easy for restaurants to offer mobile and online ordering to their customers.
eHungry is headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina, but we have team members that live and work all over the world (usually above ground). Except for Bob. He's trying a new underwater co-working space that's all the rage.
Architect and implement new features and functionality for the online ordering Web and mobile applications (we've got a backlog of exciting projects we want to accomplish)
Investigate and fix bugs that like to pop up periodically so we can make our restaurants and customers happy (although it's less fun, this stuff usually takes priority)
Collaborate with a cool virtual team via Slack (by cool, we mean cold because some of us live pretty far north)
Help build and maintain the application with a few other awesome developers so it can properly take and send orders (which means whenever you have questions, you'll get the answers you need -- or at least made up answers that sound pretty good)
• Top notch PHP development that only rarely blows up the system
• Excellent at jumping into large existing applications with lots of legacy custom code
• Great at being self-motivated (we don't micro-manage) and consistent in your work
• Pretty great with Web technologies and API development (Java, HTML, CSS, REST, JSON, etc.)
• Good at managing your development tasks as well as providing clear communication and expectations
• OK at making balloon animals
• Big plus if you have background in e-commerce applications
Perks & Benefits
• Competitive pay and bonuses
• An exciting and challenging job where you can build new skills
• Opportunity to convert from contract to employee (depending on location)
• Ability to play an important role in the company
• Work/life balance (we're a strong believer in it)
• Work remotely (well, really you have no other choice)
• eHungry swag (<-- we know this is the real reason you want the job)
• And lots more! (This is just to sound bigger than we really are)