USTA Southern California
Diversity & Inclusion
General overview of the project(s)
The Webmaster will oversee the technical and creative aspects of the web platforms of USTA Southern California, with an emphasis on the technical upkeep and enhancement of USTAsocal.com, as well as the Section’s presence on the USTA national website, USTA.com. While the emphasis will be on the technical aspects of maintaining and enhancing the sites, the Webmaster must also have an understanding of the creative integrity of the website(s) and brand, such that neither are compromised by any technical upkeep or enhancements. Assignments will require technical expertise, creativity, and attention to detail.
This is a part-time position requiring a minimum of (10) hours per week in office (beginning in September) plus an additional (10) hours of remote work, totaling (20) hours per week. The Webmaster will be responsible for receiving and addressing technical website content feedback, working both independently and in unison with USTA staff. Some assignments may be critical in nature and require immediate attention during unscheduled or off-hours. Overtime hours require advance supervisor approval.
– Responsible for maintaining, scaling, and expanding website. Post and manage content.
– Oversee all back-end technology including web hosting, databases, etc.
– Maintain high SEO, UX, and mobile/cross-browser compatibility. Streamline code as needed to make the site more efficient.
– Maintain the creative integrity of the website and any additions/modifications to the site.
– Cultivate relevant web analytics to evaluate traffic and audience.
– Track and manage domain and server subscriptions to keep accounts in good standing.
– Proven work experience building and managing websites. WordPress experience is essential. Mac OS preferred.
– Experience managing and making coding changes within content management systems.
– Understanding and/or appreciation of UI/UX, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
– Vigilant problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills.
– Experience migrating data efficiently.
– Ability to effectively communicate with staff and work both in a team environment and individually.
– Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets.
– Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly, and master emerging web technologies and techniques.